Watch our on-demand recording now.
John Laban from the Open Compute Project Foundation was the keynote speaker at Datacenter Transformation 2016, hosted by EPS Global, at the end of October in Frankfurt.
In this video, Laban discusses some of the philosophies and enabling technologies developed by the engineers at Facebook and other partners of the OCP. He shows how Black Box proprietary hardware is becoming a competitive disadvantage and how Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Open hardware is more efficient, scalable, flexible and reduces total cost of ownership.
In this video, you will learn:
- The nuts and bolts of an OCP-approved server
- The positive impact using open hardware has on staffing costs
- How to increase the volume of a rack by 25%
- How to reduce your facility costs and footprint
- How hyperscale organizations manage data center resilience
- How projects CORD (Linux Foundation) and TIP are revolutionising the Telco industry
Duration: Approx. 15 Mins